Job Posting: Business Development Manager
Reporting to the General Sales Manager, this position is responsible for generating sales, providing professional advice and technical support, preparing proposals to customer RFPs, delivering presentations, creating and following up on proposals, and helping Hawboldt meet its overall growth and profitability goals. The position involves all aspects of the business development process including prospecting, lead generation, qualifying leads, proposal preparation and follow-up, developing account/market strategies, handling customer inquiries, and closing of the sales. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Lead a proactive approach to developing new business opportunities and dealing with large multi-national customers
- Identify customers’ risks and generate strategic solutions to be selected as the preferred project partner
- Work in partnership with customers to help them solve a problem as well as reach their profitability goals
- Engage engineering, manufacturing and marketing resources through the sales process
- Maintain strong communication channels with potential and existing customers
- Develop and execute effective strategies to develop and close sales
- Negotiate win/win contract terms and conditions with customers
- Along with the Project Manager, ensure customers are kept adequately informed of their projects from the date of closing through to installation, commissioning and first use of the equipment
- Develop and manage strategical relationships which further business development activities
- Provide regular sales reporting to the General Sales Manager in alignment with business objectives
- Work directly with international sales agents when required, ensuring they are supported as well as held accountable in pushing Hawboldt’s business objectives
WE DESIGN IT. WE BUILD IT.
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- A proven track record in complex sales of capital marine equipment
- Experience as a Naval Architect is an asset, or business development activities in this industry
- Ability to aggressively target new accounts and assess the keys to success for each opportunity
- Experience developing and managing strategically important relationships that further business development activities
- Possess an entrepreneurial attitude and focus
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Professional communicator who can influence customers and lead colleagues
- Able and willing to travel throughout North America and internationally as required
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified applicants may submit their resumes, stating “Sales” in the subject line, to:
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
If required, relocation to Hawboldt Industries in Chester, Nova Scotia is preferred.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.