Chester, Nova Scotia
The responsibilities of this position includes picking sales orders (including packing and shipment), inventory maintenance and keeping the major components adequately stocked, while maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the wareroom. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and will not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Coordinate the shipping/receiving and distribution of all shipments including international orders
- Arrange outgoing freight for shipments
- Operate material handling equipment to load and unload shipments
- Responsible for yearly inventory count, and confirmation of counts to align with inventory records
- Enter received items in the ERP system
WHAT YOU GAIN BY WORKING HERE
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your skills in inventory control and shipping/receiving with the opportunity to develop your skills in procurement should you wish
- Get valuable exposure to sales, engineering purchasing, and manufacturing
- Witness the design/build/testing of our equipment
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Minimum of five years’ experience in shipping/receiving in a manufacturing setting
- Experienced in shipping and receiving of international orders, including custom manifests, and all other required documentation
- Manage the receiving, inventory count reconciliation and coordinate adequate inventory levels for operations
- Coordinate freight to ensure timely shipment of orders
- Proven work experience using Excel and warehouse/inventory modules in an ERP system
- Experience with the safe operations of material handling equipment including lift truck, pallet jack, and overhead crane
- Ability to lift, push, and pull heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labour
- Work near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that may include extreme working environments
- Highly organized and possess the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
Are You Ready to Make an Impact?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.