Mechanical Technician – afternoon shift
Chester, Nova Scotia
By Joining Our Team as a Mechanical Technician You Will
- Gain experience in a medium sized company; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your mechanical aptitude through your involvement in assembling a variety of custom engineered marine equipment
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Be entitled to a competitive wage, benefits, and pension plan
- Start overtime pay after 40 hours
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for assembling custom marine equipment; it follows the project from initial assembly to testing. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and will not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications, interpret and work from engineering drawings to assemble custom heavy equipment including winching systems and marine cranes
- Install and connect all variations and sizes of hydraulic systems (closed and open loop)
- Utilize overhead cranes, and lift trucks to transfer and manufacture equipment
- Participate in factory acceptance testing of finished equipment
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Mechanical Technician or equivalent experience
- Previous hands-on experience in assembling heavy equipment with mechanical and hydraulic systems is preferred
- Knowledgeable in electrical systems and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment would be an asset
- Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and adjustment of heavy equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work straight afternoon shift (4 x 10 hours – Monday to Thursday) and overtime
Are You Ready to Make an Impact?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting HAW Assembler in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.