Chester, Nova Scotia
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and analysis of Hawboldt’s technical products and systems. Perform engineering design evaluations and participate in the development of new products. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Provide engineering calculations, specifications, sketches and layouts as required by sales to estimate a machine to meet specification requirements and manufacturing capabilities
- Review engineering drawings, analyze design and retrieve information to complete drawing, layout or design
- Ensure all drawings are checked for design and dimensional correctness prior to release for production
- Prepare information submittals as required for review by project certifying authorities and/or customers’ engineering departments
- Provide support in checking details, assemblies and BOMs for assigned projects
- Specify system components or direct modification of products
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports related to mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical systems
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Apply fundamental engineering principles along with advanced analytical techniques throughout the design process
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to resolve production issues or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- Travel up to 25% to customers’ sites to support sales, service, commissioning, etc. as required
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Build skills in mechanical design with the opportunity to develop your skills in hydraulic systems as well as electrical design should you wish
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Advance your understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent training/work experience
- Working towards or obtained a P. Eng/CET an asset
- Experience in mechanical design in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Proven trouble shooting and problem solving design issues and concepts
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, and electrical components an asset
- Proven hands-on experience with 3D software – Inventor an asset
- Ability to communicate technical information to customers and employees
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% to customers’ sites to support service, commissioning, installation, etc. as required
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting HAW Designer in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No recruiters please.