The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities of the production floor and approximately 35 production personnel. Our factory includes material handling, welding, machining, foundry, painting, assembly, and test shops. This position requires planning, organizing and controlling the total manufacturing functions within policies and general guidelines established by the General Manager. The position outline is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Represent the manufacturing department as a member of the senior management team
- Plan, activate after approval, and evaluate programs to meet manufacturing department objectives such as improvements throughput and quality of products as well as factory layout
- Coordinate the activities and functions of personnel within the department to ensure they are working toward common company objectives
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Sales Department, establish the priorities of all work being processed by the factory
- Responsible for the control of the actual hours used on each work order which must be kept within the estimated hours
- Responsible for establishing and approving estimated manufacturing hours for sales proposals
- Responsible to issue a monthly report on shipments of major customer orders showing committed to and actual delivery schedules
- Lead the team in a positive and supportive manner through a “lead by example” and “Management by Walking Around” approach
- Actual performance for expenses compared to budget as well as absorption
- Estimated manufacturing hours compared to actual manufacturing hours
- Warranty and rework expense level in manufacturing department
- Delivery on time
- Level of support provided to personnel requiring assistance with sales proposals and service work
- Development of personnel within department for their growth within the company
- Health and safety program effectiveness
- Level of professionalism in dealings with customers, suppliers, inter-company personnel and employees
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Post-secondary education, with the completion of a skilled trade certification/license or equivalent
- Lean training preferred
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment within the heavy equipment industry
- Action-orientated professional and have a working knowledge of effective management practices, team development approaches, coaching, influencing and group dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to influence and effectively collaborate with leadership at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management, business process improvement, strategic planning, organizational assessment, change management, quantitative analytical abilities
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape and external influences that impact business development and profitability
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.