Machinist – afternoon shift
Chester, Nova Scotia
By Joining Our Team as a Machinist You Will
- Gain experience in a medium sized company; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your skills machining through your involvement in fabricating a variety of custom engineered marine equipment
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Be entitled to a competitive wage, benefits, and pension plan
- Start overtime pay after 40 hours
The Machinist position is responsible for fabricating new and replacement parts for Hawboldt’s manufactured equipment. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications and interpret engineering drawings to determine machine adjustments, material selection and material requirements
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template
- Operation of manual machine shop equipment including lathes, drill presses and milling machines
- Operation of CNC machines including lathe and vertical machine center
- Use precision inspection and measuring tools
- Position work piece against stops, manually or using lifting equipment
- Perform minor machine maintenance
Attributes We Seek
- Licensed Machinist or equivalent training/experience in a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of manual and CNC machining equipment, willingness to be placed in different aspects of machining environment
- Minimum of 3 years as a Machinist in a manufacturing environment
- Operate manual lathes, mills, drill presses and CNC equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving for both CNC and manual machines
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Have own basic machinist tools
- Willing and able to work straight afternoon shift (4 x 10 hours – Monday to Thursday) and overtime
Are You Ready to Make an Impact?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting HAW Machinist in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.