JUNIOR SERVICE LABOURER
Chester, Nova Scotia
HAWBOLDT INDUSTRIES is Canada’s leader in marine cranes, winches, and specialized lifting equipment. We support customers worldwide in the Ocean Science, Defense, Workboat, and Offshore Industries. Canadian owned, entrepreneurial, globally-recognized, and located in Chester, Nova Scotia. We want people who are hands-on and excited to make an impact on the company, and the industry.
We design it. We build it.
Building on your performance, abilities, and attitude, this position has growth opportunities through in-house and on-the-job training. Develop skills to perform mechanical and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair of equipment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this position is required to perform tasks to support the Service Department, involving physical labour in the plant and at customers’ sites. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Clean and prepare service work area and handle the cleaning and storing of tools
- Load, unload materials and tools required for servicing equipment and transport to appropriate work area
- Ensure any debris caused by the loading/unloading of materials is cleaned up
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines
- Connect cables, cylinders and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Safe operation of various hand and power tools required for repair and installation of equipment
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Secondary School Diploma
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment through high school co-ops considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Willing and able to follow specific instructions
- Ability to use power and hand tools required
- Ability to lift push, and pull heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labour
- Ability to work as a team
- Committed to accuracy and detail oriented
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Work near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that may include extreme working environments
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.