FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS – Travel Required
Chester, Nova Scotia
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom engineered equipment
- Build on your mechanical and hydraulic aptitude with the opportunity to develop skills in electrical systems
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Gain an understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
This position is responsible for repairing and servicing equipment at our facility as well as at our customers’ sites. Reads and interprets technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports to ensure operating efficiency of custom equipment. Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine malfunctions. When in the plant this position is responsible for working in an assembly capacity. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Participate in the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure equipment is installed and functioning according to specifications
- Analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintain equipment
- Operate and inspect machines/equipment to diagnose problems
- Troubleshoot control systems by examining PLC programs / code and performing the necessary changes
- Component selection for repair of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists and power tools
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear; test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports related to electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with personnel to resolve equipment malfunctions, production issues or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- Domestic and international travel commission and repair equipment and train customers
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Gain experience in a medium sized company that designs and builds custom capital equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing departments
- Witness the design, building and testing of our equipment and provide service support on some of the biggest projects in the world
- Experience travel and seeing different parts of the globe
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Fluid Power/Hydraulic Technician, Mechanical Engineering Technician, or Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of hands-on field experience in troubleshooting and servicing heavy equipment
- Hands-on working knowledge of computer software
- Proven experience trouble shooting, diagnosing, and repairing hydraulic systems
- Controls systems aptitude with exposure to troubleshooting electronic and hydraulic systems an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to develop a professional relationship with customer while representing Hawboldt
- Proven ability to work well independently as well as with a team
- Able and willing to travel extensively to customers’ sites for commissioning equipment, train operators, and to troubleshoot and repair equipment
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting HAW Service in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.