Chester, Nova Scotia
The Fitter performs all types of industrial fitting and welding work, as well as prepares various surfaces for welding by grinding, washing, or other means as necessary. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using measuring tape, straightedge, combination square, calipers, ruler, etc.
- Read job specifications and interpret engineering drawings
- Weld components and assemblies using SMAW, GMAW, MCAW, FCAW, including both carbon and stainless steel welding processes
- Observe and take part in testing on welded surfaces, such as visual inspection, magnetic particle (MPI), ultrasonic testing (UT), radiographic examination (RT or X-ray), to evaluate weld quality as well as conform to dimensional tolerances
By Joining Our Team as a Welder You Will
- Gain experience in a medium sized company; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your skills in fitting and welding through your involvement in fabricating a variety of custom engineering marine equipment
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Be entitled to a competitive wage, benefits, and pension plan
- Start overtime pay after 40 hours
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- CWB tickets – Certified Fitter-Welder
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a certified Fitter in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in metal fabrication of steel, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work overtime
Are You Ready to Make an Impact?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting HAW Fitter in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.