Saw/Burn Table Operator – afternoon shift
Chester, Nova Scotia
By Joining Our Team as a Saw Operator/Pattern Burner You Will
- Gain experience in a medium sized company; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your machine operation skills through your involvement in fabricating a variety of custom engineered marine equipment
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Be entitled to a competitive wage, benefits, and pension plan
- Start overtime pay after 40 hours
The Saw Operator / Pattern Burner manually and with machinery cuts metal to required size using saw or burner. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Set up and operate programmable machines to burn, saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, and/or straighten metal material
- Operate basic measuring equipment (tape measure, Vernier caliper, angle finder)
- Clean all factory and cut edges off of materials
- Identify and mark steel properly per part number, description number and grade
- Safely operate material handling equipment (lift truck, overhead crane, forklift)
- Consistently wear proper PPE as needed for task
- Legibly and accurately complete required paperwork
- Basic understanding of cutting gas pressures and kerf relationships
- Ability to use various hand tools to include but not limited to: screwdriver, wrench, and ratchet
- Ability to operate various power tools to include but not limited to: sander, table saw, chop saw, grinder, air blower
- Conduct quality and quantity checks of material received notify appropriate personnel of non-conformances
- Ability to safely use carts, dollies and hoists to move products / parts
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Minimum of two years of experience operating equipment to cut, burn and saw metal or related experience
- Knowledge of riggings, hoist, ladders, lifts
- Knowledge of the safety regulations of scaffolding, ladders, and lifts
- Must be able to interpret blueprints
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work straight afternoon shift (4 x 10 hours – Monday to Thursday) and overtime
Are You Ready to Make an Impact?
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resume quoting HAW Saw in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.