Chester, Nova Scotia
This position is responsible for assembling our custom, heavy equipment including reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports related to mechanical and hydraulic systems for heavy capital equipment; following the project from initial assembly to testing. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications, interpret and work from engineering drawings to assemble custom heavy equipment including winching systems varying from 5 ton to 600+ ton
- Perform DC wiring systems (12 – 24V)
- All variations and sizes of hydraulic systems (closed and open loop), including systems from 2GPM to 200+ GPM
- Utilize large cranes (2Te to 55Te), lift trucks, etc. to transfer and manufacture equipment
- Participate in static and dynamic testing of finished equipment
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Licensed Heavy Duty Technician/Mechanic or equivalent experience/licence an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in assembling and servicing hydraulic and mechanical systems on heavy equipment is essential
- Electronics aptitude with exposure to troubleshooting electronic systems an asset
- Basic understanding of industrial DC electrical wiring and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment
- Hands on trouble shooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Ability to fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach gearboxes and motors and connect and properly install various couplings
- Able and willing to work shifts and overtime as required
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Quote HAW Mechanical Assembler in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.