WELDERS / WELDER-FITTERS
Chester, Nova Scotia
This position is responsible for performing all types of industrial welding work. It prepares various surfaces for welding by grinding, washing, or other means as necessary. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Remove rough spots from materials, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- CWB tickets – Certified Welder an asset
- 3 – 5 years of welding experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Ability to read engineering drawings (blue prints)
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Quote HAW Welder in the subject line.
Wages: $15 – 25/hour depending on experience, plus benefits
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.