Chester, Nova Scotia
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for all incoming and outgoing communication and ensures all contractual commitments are met. The Project Manager will work with all departments on assigned projects from the time a customer order is placed until the customer has received and accepted all deliverables of the project. This overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all responsibilities of the job.
- Issue weekly “Outstanding Issues List” internally to ensure everyone is focused on getting problems solved and that the project stays on track
- Coordinate (and follow-up) completion of all customer submittal requirements, and ensure they are submitted in accordance the contract schedule
- Initial contact and controller of all communication flow between the customer and Hawboldt
- Develop an overall schedule for the project in coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing and communicate it to the customer with regular updates
- Follow-up the activities of all departments to ensure that contract requirements are met in timely manner
- Follow up to ensure that long lead purchased items have been identified, and ordered in a timely manner so that delivery commitments will be met
- Provide status reports and updated schedules to the customer as required by the contract
- Attend customer progress meetings when required
- Co-ordinate customer or 3rd party inspector visits to the factory during scheduled inspections
- Maintain a file of all written correspondence for the project to be added to the engineering W/O file upon completion of the project
- Coordinate the creation of all invoicing and follow-up with the customer regarding status of payment to ensure progress payments are received on a timely basis
- Perform domestic and international travel to customer locations as required
Attributes We Seek:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in project management
- PMP designation an asset
- A solid understanding of project management tools and responsibilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective working as a team member and/or independently
- Strong verbal communication proven through the ability to lead without authority and motivate others to task
- Comfortable producing and compiling accurate written communication for customers, inspectors, third party authorities and internal departments and managers
- Sound technical background
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and systems
- Able to balance customer satisfaction with company opportunities and exposure
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No recruiters please.