Due to growth we are currently looking for a MECHANICAL DESIGNER.
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for the design, development, Implementation, and analysis of the Company’s technical products and systems. This position performs engineering design evaluations and participates in the development of new products. The position outline is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
• Prepare concept, design and production drawings with supporting calculations and data ensuring that designs meet specification requirements and manufacturing capabilities
• Specify system components for products to ensure conformance with engineering design standards and performance specifications
• Provide support in checking detailed drawing and BOMs
• Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
• Apply fundamental engineering principles along with advanced analytical techniques throughout the design process
• Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to resolve production issues or challenges and provide technical information
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
• Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
• Degree/diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Working towards or obtained a P. Eng / CET an asset
• Experience in mechanical design in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
• Proven mechanical aptitude through trouble shooting and problem solving design issues and concepts
• Knowledge of hydraulics, and electrical components an asset
• Proven hands-on experience with 3D software – Inventor an asset
• Ability to communicate technical information to customers and employees
• Willing and able to travel up to 25% as required to customers’ sites to support service, commissioning, installation, etc.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL:
• Gain experience in a mid-size company designing and building custom marine equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
• Expand your skills in mechanical design with the opportunity to develop your skills in electrical and hydraulic design should you wish
• Acquire valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
• Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
• Develop an understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.