Chester, Nova Scotia
This position is responsible for fabricating new and replacement parts for machinery. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template
- Position work piece against stops, manually or using hoist
- Operation of manual machine shop equipment including lathes, drill presses and milling machines
- Operation of computer controlled machines including lathe and vertical machine center
- Use of precision inspection and measuring tools
- Perform minor machine maintenance
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Material selection and layout
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- General understanding of manual and conventional machining equipment, willingness to be placed in different aspects of machining environment
- 3 – 5 years as a Licensed Machinist in a manufacturing environment
- Operate manual lathes, mills, drill presses and CNC equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Have own basic machinist tools
- Willing and able to work day and/or afternoon shift and overtime
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Quote HAW Machinist in the subject line.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.