Electrical Engineer/Controls Designer
Chester, Nova Scotia
As a company in the Timberland Group, HAWBOLDT INDUSTRIES is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Chester, Nova Scotia, where we are a fully operational facility with Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing departments all under one roof.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Build skills in electrical design with the opportunity to develop your skills in mechanical and hydraulic design should you wish
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Gain an understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
The Electrical Engineer/Controls Designer is responsible for the design, development, Implementation, and analysis of the Company’s technical products and systems. Perform engineering design evaluations and participate in the development of new products. The job summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
Design and Project Planning
- Prepare concept, design and production drawings with supporting calculations and data ensuring that designs meet specification requirements and manufacturing capabilities
- Specify system components for products to ensure conformance with engineering design standards and performance specifications
- Provide support in checking detailed drawing and BOMs
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Apply fundamental engineering principles along with advanced analytical techniques throughout the design process
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to resolve production issues or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- Aid in the resolution of external customer problems of a technical nature
- Respond to shop questions/problems from factory personnel as they are encountered during assembly of equipment
- Assign final Assembly and Drawing List numbers
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience; P. Eng / CET an asset
- 1 – 3 years of electrical design experience in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment; co-op experience an asset
- Proven electrical aptitude through trouble shooting and problem solving design issues and concepts
- PLC & VFD programming experience interacting with mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Electrical panel design and schematics
- Familiar with electrical codes (CEC & NEC) an asset
- Able and willing to travel up to 25%, domestically and internationally to customers sites for commissioning, testing and training as required
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.