Chester, Nova Scotia
This position is responsible for assembling our custom, heavy equipment including reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports related to mechanical and hydraulic systems for heavy capital equipment. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Use mechanical aptitude to assemble, inspect, test and trouble shoot heavy equipment
- Demonstrate effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Licensed Heavy Equipment Mechanic or equivalent experience / licence an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in assembling and servicing hydraulic and mechanical systems is essential
- Electronics aptitude with exposure to troubleshooting electronic systems an asset
- Basic understanding of industrial DC electrical wiring and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment
- Hands on trouble shooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Ability to fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attaché gearboxes and motors and connect and properly install various couplings
- Able and willing to travel nationally and internationally as required
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Quote HAW Mechanical Assembler in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.